Monday, September 29, 2008

October

So weird to think October is a day away. We had beautiful weather (almost 90 degrees, right?) today in Portland...it made me forget that my favorite time of year is approaching. I can't wait to get all of our Halloween decorations out and decorate the house. It's probably one of my favorite things I did growing up...my mom and I would get all the decorations out and spend at least a couple hours finding the perfect spot to hang up our monster pictures, which ones belonged down the hallway and how we could position them just right so it looked like they were watching your every move (I still don't like the vampire face, Mom). Such fun memories! I remember the first Halloween Alex and I spent together, he came home to find ghosts with streamers hanging in the doorways and spider webs covering the mantle. He thought it was pretty silly, but it's grown on him and now he enjoys going to the store and looking at all the fun and scary decorations. Anyone dressing up for Halloween or going to a party? Let us know if there's something fun going on!

Yesterday, we went to a friend's (and client of mine) house to watch the Charger game. It was a slow start, but in the end we beat the Raiders by 10 points! Thanks Brad and Tammy, we had a great time...next game is on us, ok?

Wedding planning is in full gear. We went cake tasting, bought Alex's outfit and ring this weekend. We go out to the Grand Lodge next week to decide on a menu and layout of the site. If you haven't returned your RSVP cards yet, please do so! We need a head count by the end of this week, so if you can or can't make it, please return the cards or email us...thanks! Again, a big THANK YOU to everyone who has offered to help us plan for the wedding (or heard me stress over it). We are so thankful and blessed to have family and friends who love us! I never thought I would lose sleep over invitations...crazy!!!

Thanks Meredith for the bakery recommendation, we went to Beaverton Bakery to sample some cakes...delicious! Also, a quick note to my grandma, Mema (her name is Donna, I've always called her my Mema), I'm thinking about you and I hope you are feeling better and getting some sleep, hugs and kisses!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Alex & Niq,
Nice blog site, great pics of the family! Jay and I are so happy for you and pray that your relationship grows stronger every day and that you find happiness in all you pursue.

Mom & Jay
Question: what is the schedule of activities before the wedding? Should we be there Friday or Saturday? Any rooms left at the hotel?
Love mom